Vespa to 2017 Long Beach International Motorcycle Show
Stateside scooter lovers unite. Vespa is returning to the Progressive International Motorcycle Show schedule. Come visit the Vespa USA crew during the opening IMS in Long Beach, Calif.
We’ll have our entire 2017 lineup on display, highlighted by our newest models, the limited-edition 2018 Vespa Sei Giorni, which pays homage to the original 1951 Sei Giorni that claimed nine gold medals in an enduro race containing mostly motorcycles.
The 2018 scooter, based on the top-selling Vespa GTS, features a Euro4-compliant 300cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine that produces 21 horsepower @ 7750 rpm and 16 ft/lbs of torque @ 5000 rpm.
We will have selections from the following models:
- Primavera: Available in a 50 and 150, the Primavera is the driving force behind Vespa. This platform was originally launched in 1969, and retains some of the classic styling but with modern technology such as ABS.
- Sprint: The sportiest of our “small frame” lineup that has styling reminiscent of the Vespas in the ‘60s and ‘70s. This is also available as a 50 or 150.
- GTS: This is our biggest and most powerful scooter, available as the GTS 300. It’s also available in a “Super” edition that offers sportier characteristics.
- GTV: Our GTV takes the GTS platform, and adds serious vintage styling, such as fender-mounted headlight and Portofino Green with Brown seat color combination.
The Vespa USA staff will be on hand to educate participants on any element of these newer Vespa models.
For participants, IMS offers free gear check, the popular Kid’s Zone presented by Allstate, a Stunt Show, the J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show, where you’re sure to see some Moto Guzzi customs, the Marketplace presented by Cycle Gear.
The Progressive International Motorcycle Shows (IMS) has announced the dates and cities for its upcoming 2017-2018 tour. The IMS Tour will travel across the United States, stopping in seven major markets to provide enthusiasts with an inside look at the latest motorcycles, gear and products, as well as showcasing family-friendly motorcycle entertainment.
2017 Long Beach Progressive International Motorcycle Show Info:
- Where: Long Beach Convention Center, Long Beach, CA
- Dates: November 17-19, 2017
- Friday: 3-8 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 am. - 5 p.m.
- Ticket Prices: $16 for adults; kids under 11 are free.