Vespa to 2018 Chicago International Motorcycle Show
When someone mentions “scooter,” there’s no doubting that the image of Vespa fills that person’s conscious image. Vespa, which debuted in 1946, is now set to bring its latest image to this February’s Chicago International Motorcycle Shows, which runs February 9-11.
We’ll have our entire lineup on display, highlighted by one of our newest models, the limited-edition Vespa Sei Giorni, which pays homage to the original 1951 Sei Giorni that claimed nine gold medals in an enduro race containing mostly motorcycles.
The 2018 scooter, based on the top-selling Vespa GTS, features a Euro4-compliant 300cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine that produces 21 horsepower @ 7750 rpm and 16 ft/lbs of torque @ 5000 rpm.
We will have selections from the following models:
- Primavera: Available in a 50 and 150, the Primavera is the driving force behind Vespa. This platform was originally launched in 1969, and retains some of the classic styling but with modern technology such as ABS.
- Sprint: The sportiest of our “small frame” lineup that has styling reminiscent of the Vespas in the ‘60s and ‘70s. Like the Primavera, the Sprint is also available as a 50 or 150.
- GTS: This is our biggest and most powerful scooter, available as the GTS 300. It’s also available in a “Super” edition that offers sportier characteristics.
- GTV: Our GTV takes the GTS platform, and adds serious vintage styling, such as fender-mounted headlight and Portofino Green with Brown seat color combination.
The Vespa USA staff will be on hand to educate participants on any element of these newer Vespa models.
For participants, IMS offers free gear check, the popular Kid’s Zone presented by Allstate, a Stunt Show, the J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show, and the Marketplace presented by Cycle Gear.
The Chicago IMS show is the sixth of seven across the United States.
2018 Chicago Progressive International Motorcycle Show Info:
- Where: Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Dates: February 9-11, 2018
- Friday: 1-8 p.m
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 am. - 5 p.m.
- Ticket Prices: $18 for adults; kids under 11 are free.